• Hannys
  • Joselynes
  • Jas
  • Bengs
  • Apes
  • Yangs
  • Mussels
  • Angel
  • Ivan
  • Kev
  • Mel
  • Karen
  • Jones
  • Replica
  • David
  • NNT
  • IEATISHOOTIPOST






















  • -->

    Head Counts

     

    Saturday, August 25, 2007

    Week 2 (19 Aug ~ 25Aug)

    19 Aug
    Wet weather spoils everything. Today was a day of sightseeing. First destination. The British Airways London Eye. I know we are building one back home but i’m in London, so went up for a ride. The view was magnificient. Almost catching a good view of the whole of London city. There was Wembley Stadium, the House of Parliament, etc etc. Whole ride took about 45mins. It was a waste because of the rain else it would really be great. Oh ya, the ticket cost about 15pounds. Expensive??? Next destination, Buckingham Palace. WTF is that? Go to http://www.google.com/ and type in Buckingham palace. The result will tell you what is that. Nah, i’m kidding. This is the place where the Queen entertains her guests or hold functions, the place where she works, etc. Or in another words, something like the Istana in Singapore.

    I don’t how to describe it, but it is so F****** GRAND. There were at least 5-10 chandeliers, countless paintings from the 18 centuries that is kept up to today. I cannot remember how any rooms were there but there East Gallery, the Ballroom, the Marble Room, etc, etc. Oh and i saw those Royal Guards that United Kingdom are famous for (Those guards in red with black furry headgears). They have a ceremory for changing Guards which occur everyday at 11am, too bad i missed it. As the Palace does not allow photo taking inside, all you can see are the outside shoots of the Palace.

    Well, there are still alot of destinations which i did not have time for it. Which hopefully next time i get the chances to visit them.
    House of Parliament
    The London Eye
    A bird eye view from the London Eye
    Nearer shot of the House of Parliament
    Lunch of the Day, Roasted Bacon with salad.
    The Bromsgrove Guild
    Outside the Buckingham Palace
    Another outside shoot of the Palace from the Garden
    A view from far from the Palace garden
    Dinner of the day. Thai Green Curry with Rice. (Don't look green to me)

    20 Aug
    Last week here in London. Training sessions are all over. Now I probably be taking calls or tagging onto someone here who can guide me along. Today is much much better, no rain but it is still windy. I hope this will be the case for the rest of the week. Starting to feel home sick already. I’m just sick of eating bread, eating cold sandwiches. As i’m sitting here at a cafe, suddenly there was this very long limo. Full of ladies in the limo and it is PINK!!!!!

    That’s all for today. I’m going back to the hotel. Cya soon Singapore.

    The Pink Limo

    21 Aug
    Nothing exciting happened today. Same old stuffs at work, full of learning, full of questions to ask everyone, how to do this, how to do that but if i don’t ask, i will never know how to do them. I rather be a nuisane for a day than be a nuisane forever. :P Had a informal lunch meeting with my boss and 2 other heads. Gave some feedbacks on how i wish my team can improve better and they advised me how to improve things better and some of the expectations and requirements they have for me.

    Went to Four Season Chinese Resturant at Bayswater for dinner. Had the usual stuffs that i can get them easily in Singapore and I realised i never appreciate such food until I came here. The roast duck was as good as Singapore, the roast pork was good but not great. My mom’s roast porks are better. Hmm... I miss my mom cooking. The kailan was alright, nothing spectacular so was the Kung Po Diced Chicken but the TangHoon Beef was excellent. I was really full, very full. After dinner was drinking again. The area in Bayswater is rather full of activities, it was crowded. There was quite a number of chinese restaurants too. Most of them sell the same stuffs as the Four Season Chinese Restaurant i went.

    Their version of Electronic Road Pricing (The London version)

    22 Aug
    A very windy and cold morning greeted me. It was really really cold. Especially after the rain last night. After that it was off to work again, today was more challenging. Start to work on more work requests and more challenging calls. Had a bagel for lunch, it was good. Hardly get hot meals here, either they are expensive or they tasted awful. :P

    Again I went for a drink again. Didn’t know where to go for dinner, just got a chicken burger from a Kebah stall and got a salad from Mark & Spencers. Yes, the Mark & Spencers sell food here. Big difference from the Mark & Spencers in Singapore where its sell clothings and snacks.
    Remember i told you that the weather was cranky here. Suddenly it was raining heavily, so cold and so wet. So far this was the heaviest I have ever seen.

    I feel kind of weird now. Because there is a game between England and Germany. Under normal circumstances, i would wake up in the middle of the night to catch these games but no, they are showing on TV at 8pm at night. Devaju......

    Mr Pineapple at work

    23 Aug
    A normal day at work again with more to learn. Gav promised to bring me out for Curry, so after work, went down to south London with Scotty and Gav at some Indian restaurant but before having curry, they must drink first. End up having 2 pimms of Stella and head down to the curry place. I'm impressed that they have very delicious curry dishes.

    24 Aug
    Last working day at Pats London, last night at London. Nothing much to do. Had a relative busy day, following up work requests, checking on production issues. Particular pissed of with someone in the Singapore office. Farking stupid.... anyway, i almost forgotten about getting things for my families and friends.

    Last night was spent in the office talking to Beng and Hanny on the MSN. Haha.... particular right.... but still alright, Scotty wanted pizza for dinner, so end up with a Hawaiian pizza again. Not the particular way i want spent my last night in a foreign land but most of them already had plans for the evening and I shall not disturb their weekend any further.

    Hawaiian Pizza

    25Aug,
    Had my last breakfast at the hotel and waited for the cab to come pick me up. Surprisingly, the cab driver kind of take me to see the places i visited previously. Lovely and full of histories is the way to describe them. :)

    The airport was full of passengers leaving the country. I guess either Changi Airport is huge, or Heathrow Terminal 3 is too small, it is really crowded though as compared to Changi Airport.

    My daily breakfast at the hotel. (I'm staying away from breads, bacon, beans and sausages)

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Unknown said...

    Hi Andy,
    My first impression when I came to London was how ancient and at the same time modern this city is.
    Your pictures made me remember all my fascinating moments which I had in London. I also saw this cute Pink Limo London, which my girlfriend cold not keep in her feelings, oh these girls!!
    My lovely place in London was the London Eye. I was surprised that it took seven years and the skills of hundreds of people from five countries to make the London Eye a reality, you can see around 40KM (25 miles) from the top as far as Windsor Castle on a clear day.
    Thanks for the great blog!

    6:23 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home